Wednesday 17 June 2009

The end is nigh

Well it's almost time to leave the Sandlands. Unfortunately the global recession has finally caught up with me and I am, together with the bulk of my colleagues, back in the Job Center queue. I have no regrets about coming out here, it's been a great experience.

The job market in the UK seems pretty dire right now so I've decided to use the recession as an opportunity to take some time out and do some travelling.

I start off with a visit to South Africa to catch up with family and friends and then I'm heading to South East Asia.

I'm going to try and keep a journal of my travels at http://journals.worldnomads.com/alistair/. I hope it will be a bit more successful than this blog.

1 comment:

Para Glider said...

What's a South African Scot? Born there to Scottish parents or emigrated there under your own steam?